Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Simply Smoked Ribs and Bread

It seems there as many ways to prepare ribs as there are ribs. I've read too many to remember, I've watched others grilled, roasted, smoked on tv, and I've tried quite a few as well. Yesterday, with two racks to prepare, I was browsing through the Traeger Recipes and found one, much simpler than all the rest: no mops; no smoke for 3 hours, wrap in foil for two more and  one more without the wrap; no exotic rubs, sauces, or overnight marinades (which always seems to make the ribs taste like ham).

Nope, just this:

When ready, set the temperature at 225 degrees F, place the ribs meat-side up on the rack for 2 hours, then turn them over for one more.  Let them rest for 10 minutes, slice and enjoy. That's it.

All I added to that method was some of our favorite rub and some bbq sauce slathered over them with about 20 minutes to go.


Moist, tasty, good.

Earlier in the day, I baked up a couple loaves of bread to go with the ribs.



No comments:

Post a Comment