Monday, August 4, 2008

Grillin' Some Rib Eye Steak

We love rib-eye steak. Grilled up just right, it tastes wonderful; add some some creamed spinach, corn on the cob, maybe some fried okra, a crunchy salad with a tasty vinaigrette, and a bottle of some local red wine. Wow.

Steak can be grilled in a matter of minutes, so here's what I did to "dress it up." I put copious amounts of "Diego's Killer Rub" on both sides of the meat, put in the fridge for a couple of hours, then about half an hour before putting it on the grill, I put it in the freezer.

I start the charcoal in a charcoal chimney, it takes about a half an hour for the coals to be ready, then I spread the coals, put the grill on, let it heat about five minutes, then clean it with a wire brush. Spread a little cooking over the grill using a paper towel held with the tongs.

Once the coals are gray, I drop the steak on and let it sizzle on each side for about 3 1/2 minutes. About two minutes into the sizzle, I turned the steak 45 degrees to give it that beautiful cross-hatch.

I use a digital thermometer and when the steak reaches about 115 degrees, I slather a layer of Oyster Sauce, yes, - Oyster Sauce - rather than bbq sauce over one side, let it cook a few minutes, turn it over and slather the other side. When the steak hits 120-125 I take it off the grill, then let it sit for about 10 minutes to give the juices time to reabsorb before plating.

I don't believe there is a steak house anywhere that can beat this for taste!

It is - simply, to die for!

No comments:

Post a Comment