Thursday, July 30, 2009

"Jim's Famous Hamburger"

We decided to do something different with a hamburger tonight, so in order to "pull it off," I went to my favorite recipe site, "Simply Recipes."

Immediately "Jim's Famous Hamburger" popped up and my real name being, Jim, I clicked on the link and had a look.

It looked good: rosemary; A-1 Steak Seasoning, with thick slices of avocado, tomato, and onion; with mayo, mustard, and catsup (to taste of course).

The only ingredient we didn't have was fresh rosemary, so my wife jumped down to the grocer (actually she drove down because she had a few other items to pick up) and brought some home.

The recipe called not only for a couple heaping tablespoons of chopped rosemary, but also a couple tablespoons of A-1 Steak Seasoning which we found a bottle of in the fridge. We have no idea how long we have had it because we never use the stuff.

After we got it all mixed and formed and grilled and eaten, we agreed these were probably the best grilled burgers we have ever had. Really! If you would like the full recipe, you can find it here, at Elise's site, Simply Recipes.

I didn't get a photo of the burger. Darn. They were so good; so I posted my hamburger sketch from flickr here instead. Maybe next time I'll get a honkin' good photo of these bad boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment