Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Honey-Ginger Grilled Salmon" *

When I was a kid living in the panhandle of Texas, the only time we had salmon was when my mom would make patties out of canned salmon and fry them in a skillet. It wasn't until I was in my forties, when we moved to the west side of Washington state, that we discovered the real taste of fresh salmon.

My next door neighbor in Sequim, WA., and I, used to do a bit of king salmon fishing. It was then I learned there is no comparison between salmon that was swimming in the Straits of Juan de Fuca an hour ago to the salmon we now purchase in Costco; but we have discovered a menu from McCormick that really levels the difference.

The marinade is made of honey, ginger, orange juice and soy. Read more about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment